Wednesday 13 July 2011

Beach Huts


I am obsessed with beach huts. There I've said it! So I am sure this won't be the only post about them. When we head to Felixstowe beach there are rows upon rows of beach huts on the cliffs, many shades of a vast palette.  From pastel ice cream shades to bright red and white stripes. Whilst Drew just thinks they're a very expensive shed, I think they are fab. Imagine having a little house at the beach that you can store all the buckets and spades, fishing nets, flip flops, water shoes instead of carrying them around in the boot of the car.  And then when the weather's chilly you can pop into your beach hut and make a fresh pot of tea. Also there are no more awkward changes for the children as you try and use the towels to hide them as they change to go for a swim.  




So are they an expensive shed on the beach or are they a quintessentially English must have for regular beach adventures?

3 comments:

Wendy said...

I'm also slightly obsessed with beach huts - I get quite excited by them and once had to stop the car when we were lost one night in Devon because I saw rows of beach huts lit up by fairy lights! I *needed* a photo of them! My family think I'm barking mad. This morning I've blogged about my latest beach hut plaque here! x

Unknown said...

Spending so much time at the seaside is the best thing for me...
Abersoch is like our 2nd home & the beach huts there are always a topic of conversation...Just because we LOVE them....
There is a regular "Dress your Beach Hut" competition every Summer and they always look "WoW!!"
♥✿>>"♥"<<✿♥

Anonymous said...

Oh! Thanks for including my print!
Needless to say I love beach huts too! When I see a row of them like this I suddenly feel the sun on my skin, the breeze in my hair and relish the sounds of the sea and children playing - awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails