I have to admit I was wary about using Twitter, being a little unsure of the whole social network world. Yet I realised that if I was going to create a business I would have to take the plunge. So in April this year I signed up for a Twitter account, having read different forum posts on Folksy and stepped into the 21st century!!
Since those first tweets I have created lists, use Tweetdeck and now have over 700 followers! I no longer feel apprehensive about using Twitter and have made some lovely friends along the way.
I thought I would use todays post to share a few hints and tips that I use when tweeting, incase any of you are uncertain like I was.
- The # key is used like a tag in a blog post.
- RT is ReTweet - somebody can RT your tweet to share it with their followers or if you have asked for some information or help people may RT to try & help.
- I always thank people who RT any of my tweets.
- By using Tweetdeck I can see when somebody has mentioned me, so I know if anybody has RT'd!
- Using Tweetdeck I can have seperate columns for different lists of people I follow.
- Lists are great for organising who you follow, especially if you follow friends and also follow people for business.
- #FF is Follow Friday. This is like a big shout out of people to follow or a way to say thanks if somebody has been particularly helpful that week.
- Again I always thank people for #FF's.
- #WW is Wedding Wednesday, similar to #FF
I found this great tips list a couple of days ago and have already changed my avatar upon reading it, so you can now see me not just a logo! This '50 Ideas for Using Twitter for Business' is also worth reading!
Join me on Twitter, I do love to chat! Oh one last tip, set a time limit for being on Twitter everytime, it is addictive, before long you have lost an hour!