Friday 23 April 2010

Fabric Friday - Cath Kidston

Hang out the bunting, grab a cuppa, it's time for Fabric Friday.  Today we are celebrating St. Georges Day here in ol' blighty and who other could I pick for my Fabric Friday feature than Cath Kidston.  For me Kidstons fabrics are like a quintessential English Rose brightening up our beige world.  The beautiful floral prints mixed with the quirky kids prints are truly inspiring and are great for most projects, especially since the lauch of the haberdashery weight. 

The start of the Cath Kidston empire was relatively small fry in comparison to the size of her label now.  In 1993 Cath Kidston opened a shop in Holland Park, London and filled it with beautiful vintage fabrics and wallpapers, reminiscent of English country homes, with a selection of brightly coloured junk furniture to add to the mix.  Over the following years Kidston began to design her own fabrics and products creating homewares and clothes and accessories, with many items also being produced under license by other companies.  Cath Kidston has also designed tents for Millets and collaborated with Tesco in 2008 to produce eco shopping bags which also raised funds for Marie Curie Cancer Care.  She has also produced five books, one of which I was lucky enough to receive for my birthday last month.

Since small shop frontage in 1993 you can now find 28 shops & concessions in the UK and a further two shops in the Republic of Ireland, three pop up shops, seven shops in Japan and one in Kuwait, with the Cath Kidston brand being available internationally. 

I adore all the prints in the fabric ranges, but my favourite three are -





Now for a little more indulgence, I will pop over to Folksy & Etsy to see what is being made with Cath Kidston fabrics. 















There are plenty of other beautiful items to choose from!



To end my week I am having a special offer in my Buttons & Bows shop.

20% OFF All Ribbons & Buttons until midnight on Monday (26/4).


5 comments:

Phillippa said...

thanks for featuring my lampshade, and isn't that hat so cute?

Dottie said...

Thank you for including me the other day! I'd forgotten I was on Misi!!!

Thepinkfairycake said...

Great blog with some beautiful items !!!
Thank you for featuring my baby shoes :)

made with love said...

That hat is sooooooo cute. You have chosen some lovely items. x

mo said...

ooooooo.....i am so honored to have one o' my hats featured in your lovely blog today! please email me so i can send you a lil somethin' cath in appreciation.
yours o' so truly,
mo

Related Posts with Thumbnails