Tuesday 27 September 2011

London Calling


London Shopper Bag from Sweet Home London

With all this mention of our capital city recently as London has become the spotlight for the design world with London Design Festival and Decorex I thought today I would turn my attention to London led design.  After the Royal Wedding earlier this year and with the Queens Silver Jubilee and the Olympics next year I am sure we are going to see alot more of the cities iconic images on homewares, accessories and even clothing over the coming months.  Trend Bible had predicted the rise of London landmarks and the union jack being used back in 2009 for their Spring/Summer trends for 2011 book.  I also wrote about this withstanding trend back in April for  The Academy in my trend predictions after the Royal Wedding.





Just imagine the fun you could have with designs including black cabs, the London Eye, Big Ben, red telephone boxes, London Bridge and of course we must not forget Buckingham Palace.  Mix this with our need for nostalgia I am sure we will see amazing products for our homes.  However I think designers will also play with iconic images of London to create modern approaches to the trend, offering perhaps the neon brights of the punk era. 

I would really love to know of your products with a London theme, maybe share a link with me on Twitter or add a link in the comments section at the end of this post.

Take care
Zoe
x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails