Monday 13 February 2012

Lucy Loves - Gifts for an 11 Year Old Girl

Good morning, hope you all had a fab weekend.  I expect many of you are doing the half term juggle of working and childcare, which is even more fun if like me you work from home! I find by working in the mornings and the promise of crafty or fun afternoons keeps my children happy, but often means working late into the night for me.  How do you cope? Are you lucky to have a close friend to share childcare or grandparents on hand to help out?

Today I am thrilled to welcome Lucy, my soon to be 11 year old daughter, to guest post.  She has been asking me for a little while if she can have a regular column here on my blog and I think her posts will be lots of fun, filled with book reviews, crafty things, baking and much more as Lucy loves reading, making and baking.  So I shall hand over to Lucy.

For my first post I’ve decided to write about the perfect gift for an 11 year old. Since my birthdays coming up later this month I thought I might write about what I would recommend for children my age with a slight taste of adventure and craft. The items I’ve picked are from some of my favourite shops.


This is a mouse that can go anywhere  with you. You can collect a house for the mouse and lots of other stuff.




This is a pretty bag for school.




I  have thousands of notebooks and this would just be a beautiful addition to my collection.




Again I have thousands of badges but also I adore campervans.
I don’t have a phone yet but by the time some children are 11 they already have a phone or are lucky enough  to get one for their birthdays. I think this case is so cute.
This tin is not too expensive and beautiful and comes from mine and my friends favourite shop, Paperchase.
These are only a few beautifully crafted items out there and I could have chosen many more!

Thank you Lucy you have chosen some lovely things, best I get shopping for your birthday!  I look forward to your next post.

Have a great Monday everyone,
Zoe
x

8 comments:

Isa said...

Thank you for a fantastic post Lucy! Your choices are really helpful for me as I've been looking for a present for my 12 year old niece and I had no idea where to start. I look forward to your next post!

Caz said...

Thanks Lucy, that is such a great post! Really helpful ( I want the gadget cover and i'm nearly 28!), really well written and very colourful! Loved it xx

dots and spots said...

Wow! Lucy, what a fabulous selection and I'm honoured to see dots and spots featured. I agree with you on the phone case - I LOVE Poppy Treffry - I treated myself to one of her cases for my camera. I hope you have a fab birthday and maybe get one or two things on your list.

www.daisyley.co.uk said...

Great post Lucy. Hope you get some of these gorgeous things for your birthday & I'll be very jealous because I love them all too!

Poppy Treffry said...

What a lovely post and thanks for the mention! I'll be stitching some of those tomorrow!

GiddyGirl said...

What a lovely post Lucy, well done! You've chosen some of my favourite shops too (and I'm a LOT older than 11!) Hope you have a wonderful birthday (and get some of these super things!) Look forward to reading more of your posts
Heidi xx

Ditsy Chick said...

Wow Lucy what a fab post!

You have a very good eye and I would add to the comments of all these other ladies, it's not just 11 year old girls that love the things you've chosen, I nearly bought the mouse, I have a Poppy Treffry badge a bit like the camper one so I think that covers 2 of your list, I have that camper van card and I am a huge Cath Kidston fan too so well done you, maybe you could email my husband before my birthday each year??

I'll be tuning in for more of your posts!

Ditsy Chick xxx

Unknown said...

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments. Lucy has read each one and is thrilled that you have all taken the time to comment on her first post :))

Related Posts with Thumbnails