Monday 14 November 2011

Country Living Christmas Fair - Part 2

Good afternoon, I hope you all had a fab weekend.  I have finally found a few minutes to share with you my lovely finds and thoughts about my recent visit to Country Living Christmas Fair.  Firstly I had a fantastic day with Gabs of Moobaacluck and was thrilled to finally meet her.  We had a lovely day browsing stands, chatting to designers we knew from Twitter and collecting business cards to help us remember who we had seen and who did what! I'm hoping to find some time soon to look at all the websites for all the business cards, postcards and brochures I collected.


from Poppy Treffry


It was lovely to chat with Poppy Treffry and her sister Faye and to be able to personally thank them for donating a prize to Riot Raffle.  Whilst at their stand I picked up a little present for Lucy that was on her Christmas list.  We also met Charlotte Macey and Julia Davey who were sharing a stand and it looked gorgeous, with their products perfectly complimenting each other.  I was delighted to be introduced to Lucy Loveheart by Gabs, who's work is exquisite and clients include Liberty, Cafe rouge, Osborne and Little, Habitat and many more.



Plate from Julia Davey

I was impressed with the printed textiles from Zeena and had a lovely chat about screen printing, which I long to try again.  I made a small purchase from Atelier Contemporary Craft Gallery for Drew for Christmas.  It was lovely to chat with Julia from Red Hen Originals who uses potato printing to create beautiful prints of animals. I remember reading about her in Country Living earlier this year and these prints really do not look like a potato has been involved!!


Linen Dress from Treefall Designs

We also went to say hello to Penny Lindop, Molly Mac and Treefall Design who's stands all looked fantatic. I especially loved the wallpaper Manda at Treefall had chosen from Roddy & Ginger.  then we had a lovely chat with Sally from Cream Orkney, who's sons lamps made from old wooden squash rackets were amazing and even his business cards were made using old racket covers, now that's super clever branding.


logpile wallpaper from Roddy & Ginger


Of course I had to buy Lucy, Amber and Kitty a little something, apart from Christmas gifts, otherwise I may not have been allowed back in the house! so i brought them each a beautiful porcelain fairy to hang on the christmas tree. I had brought them each one last year from Kate Hackett Ceramics and so was delighted to find her there again this year so I could add to the fairy collection.


The dress I dreaming about!
from Poppy


I also absolutely loved the adult dresses from Poppy, maybe I'll treat myself in the new year.  We also made sure we popped by to see Caroline of Twice and had a lovely chat.

All in all it was a lovely sociable day and I hope next time to meet even more fabulous people I reguarly chat to on Twitter.  I feel inspired to get making again as I have been spending far too much time tap tapping at my laptop.

Did you visit Country Living Christmas Fair? I hope you had as much fun as we did!

Take care
Zoe
x

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails