Tuesday 20 March 2012

Childrens Rooms - Polka Dots

Hello, I hope you all had a good start to the week. I spent yesterday afternoon working out a new design that had been bugging me but I finally had that lightbulb moment and I was thrilled that it actually worked how I hoped it would!  I had started working on this particular idea a while ago but left it as I couldn't get it to look as it looked in my minds eye.  I know I am not alone in this creative torment but isn't it a fab feeling when you finally get there.  I will share with you very soon exactly what I have been designing, I promise ;)

Anyway back to todays post, the next installment in my new weekly Children's Rooms post.  I love spots, polka dots, dotty spots and I know I am not alone. Polka dots are a great accompaniment or main theme for childrens rooms, whether in a bedroom or playroom or even as curtains in the playhouse.  They mix well with stripes or gingham or even floral prints.  So here is my roundup of some fab polka dot finds that are perfect for children's spaces.



Cushions


Love this spotty sausage dog cushion from Persnickety Pelican



Cute spotty hearts cushion from Shabby By Melissa


Love this tattoo style cushion from Dollydripp



Fab personalised spotty cushions from Sarah Hardaker


Wall Stickers


Big and fun wall sticker spots from Vinyltastic



and some polka dots for the boys too! from Evgie



Love this spotty owl wall sticker from Wall Art Design



These spotty trees from Jamie Kay Vinyl are so cute.



I reckon children will go dotty over these spotty letters from Kidscapes
(sorry, I couldn't resist a little spotty joke!)



Storage


This storage tub Brodders Tubs from would be great for packing away the Duplo.



Oilcloth makes this storage bag from Urban Harmony Design very sturdy, perfect for the playroom.




These spotty linen bags from Sarah Hardaker would be great for tidying away little things.



Aswell as storing snacks these spotty bowls from Plush Parties would be great for tidying up small crayons, rubbers, beads or buttons.


Bedding




This cowboy bedding from Cath Kidston is a fab  example of mixing spots with a pattern.


Love the fresh colours used in this bedding from John Lewis



This handprinted polka dot quilt from MooChic Baby looks cosy.


Little Details



This spotty owl alphabet print from Dots and Spots would be perfect on a nursery wall.



The tiny dots on this heart picture from Lolly & Boo are adorable.



This polka dot bunting from Rosie Jo's is of course essential


And just because.....


Spotty floor tiles from Cath Kidston



I hope I haven't left you with spots before your eyes! Do you have anymore spotty suggestions for deocorating childrens rooms? Please share them with me here, on our Facebook page or on Twitter.

Enjoy your day whatever you are up to today.
Zoe
x



2 comments:

En4tainment said...

i love the heart picture from Lolly & Boo so cute ,

ursula (room to bloom) said...

A bit partial to dots myself.. love the John Lewis bedding Zoe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails